Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Free after Rewards at Walgreen's: Contact Solution & Crayons (& make a little $)

This week August 1 - 7, these are the "free" items you can get at Walgreen's.

(You can actually make money off of the Contact Solution if you have the $2 Q from the Red Plum insert 5/16.) 
(I LOVE $1 Rewards...I will take this Reward to Copp's on Double coupon Day and then Double it--givng me a $2 credit towards my groceries!)


(This one is a mail-in rebate that will print when you check out.)

What makes these deals even better this week is you can pair these "Free" items with the Walgreen's 15% coupon (20% off any Walgreen brand products) and have a few money makers!  This coupon is only good through Weds, August 4th!  Here is a link to the coupon for you to print.


Here is another great deal if you pair it with the 15% off coupon. 

Walgreen's AA Batteries are $0.99 per 6 pack (use coupon in flier).  With 20% Q it will be $0.80/pack

 
Get $3 RR WYB (2) Playtex Gentle Glide or Sport Tampons 18pk, 2/$8
  Buy 2 – Playtex Gentle Glide Tampons 2/$8 ($6.80 after 15% Q)
   Use 2-$1/1 Playtex Gentle Glide Tampons 18ct+ Print Coupon Here (should be on page 4)
   Total = $4.80, Get Back $3 RR
   $1.80 or $.90 Each!
 
If you haven't done Walgreen's Rewards before, make sure to read below to see how it works.
 
I was TOTALLY not a Walgreen's shopper. In fact, I rarely step foot in Walgreen's. However, Walgreen's is EVERYWHERE! Which actually made my first step to saving money easy. I go to the library every week. Walgreen's is next to the library. So now when I need to go to Walgreen's, I just park between the library and Walgreen's and do both runs at the same time. AND I am in and out of the store usually within 5 minutes. It fits in my schedule easily.

So why Walgreen's? Walgreen's has a program called Walgreen's rewards. You buy a product, they will then give you a coupon (good for 2 weeks) off your next purchase. This coupon/reward is often worth the same amount as the purchase price of the product. THIS is how I get a lot of my necessities for free--shampoo, conditioner, toothpaste, toothbrush, floss, feminine necessities, soap, shaving stuff, etc... All I actually pay for is the tax of the item.

What is so AWESOME about this is--you can take that reward and then use it at other stores (first check that the store accepts Walgreen's rewards and then make sure the store also carries products from that manufacturer--the reward is actually a coupon.)  I usually take the coupon to my grocery store and apply it towards my grocery bill. If you reuse the coupon at Walgreen's--things can get complicated...Refer to this link to help you figure that out...(this is why it is just easier to apply the reward to my weekly grocery bill.)

http://www.pocketyourdollars.com/2009/09/how-to-get-great-deals-at-walgreens/

There are also neat ways you can actually MAKE money at Walgreen's....Hello Coupon World!
For example, I will go to Walgreen's tomorrow morning and purchase the crayons for $0.90 (with the 15% Coupon) and then receive $1 Reward.  I will then take that Reward to Copp's (where I get my groceries) and double it on double coupon day.  This will give me a $2 credit towards my groceries--so in essence, I just made $1.10 and I got free crayons.  You will want to check with your grocery store that they accept Walgreen's Rewards, but I know that Copp's on Shopko Drive will.  I also have heard that Cub food accepts them, but I would check that out first. 
Other great deals (non-rewards) I see at Walgreen's include--dish soap. You can always stack in-store coupons with Manufacturer coupons. Often I will get my dish soap for around $0.50 with their in-store 0.99 coupon and a coupon I have.
HONEY! We go through a LOT of honey. The cheapest I have found honey is $3.69 for 20 oz at Aldi. However, Walgreen's has a 32 oz honey that goes on sale about once a month for $3.99 with store coupon AND there is a $1 coupon for it--so you can get it for $2.99!
Jello/Pudding --yeah--I am not a big fan either, but the kids like it. Once a month I see it for 4 or 5 boxes for $1 with store coupon. I have also purchased name brand diapers for around $4 a pack as well by using Rewards and coupons.

Those are the deals I enjoy at Walgreen's. But like I said, I really just use the store for my freebies and then apply the Reward dollars towards my grocery bill. This is how I have pretty much eliminated my monthly Walmart run saving us anywhere from $50 - $100 per month. (And yes--I do stock up on things, because I don't always know when things will next go on sale.)

This week I plan to buy the crayons & markers, Dawn dish soap (I have a Q so I will get it for 0.50 with their in-store 0.99 coupon), & Walgreen Batteries.  I expect to pay around $5.50, but get $5 back when I double my crayon RR.  Not too shabby!  What are you buying?

No comments:

Post a Comment